Friday, July 10, 2015

3 Days Closer To A Positive Mind

Day three of twenty one.  Read about my 21 Day Challenge here.  And just a side note but these posts reflect the previous day's thoughts and experiences.  I wanted to be sure I gave myself a full day to gather before writing.

Three Gratitude's:
1. I am grateful to have had my first Comic Con experience.  What a blast!  For some street scene snaps check out my Instagram.  I'll be back out there again today soaking in all of the coolness. 
2. I am grateful for my heart.  While meditating last night I started to think about how it pumps on it's own with no prompting at all.  How it keeps me alive.  It's like breathing.  I mean how often do you stop to think about your heart beating or your breath for that matter.  Your heart just does what it needs to do without any thanks or appreciation.  I'm in aw and I want to thank my heart for all that it does for me.
3. I am grateful for religious freedom.  Comic Con has brought a lot of coolness but it's also brought a lot of crazies.  Men standing on the corners shouting into bullhorns.  "It's time to repent".  I'm sorry but that's exactly the type of thing that turns me off to religion.  Can you imagine living in a country where one particular belief system was forced on everyone?  I can't.  God bless you America. 

Today's Journal:
I feel cherished, taken care of and treasured.  Fingers running through my hair.  For a short while I'm six again and my mom is braiding my hair.  I am completely relaxed.  I am completely at peace.  All is right with the world.

I want my hair braided everyday. 

Exercise:
In lieu of a gym workout I walked the Convention Center for over an hour taking in all the Comic Con sights.  I can go to the gym the other 363 days of the year.

Meditate:
I spent 30 minutes meditating yesterday.  I'm still meditating to crap but it's getting the job done. 

It's hard to find a quiet place with no interruptions at work.  I'll go sit in a conference room but due to the nature of my job people are always looking for me.  I have to actually physically leave the building to get 10 minutes to myself.  Once Comic Con is out of town I'll do my morning meditation  outside.

In the evenings I find myself meditating for longer periods of time.  I look forward to the day that I can meditate on my own, without a guide.  Complete silence while I breath and focus on my body sounds like bliss.  

Random Acts of Kindness:


I don't know if this is going to count but I was completely taken aback by this guys costume.  I just loved it and had to have my picture taken with him.  He was nice enough to oblige even though it meant he lost his group!  The streets were crowded and his crew all had these masks/heads on so his buddies never even knew they were a man down.  I felt super bad that I had separated him from his group so I ran thought the crowd to find his friends and let them know that their guy was suck back in the crowd.  They were finally reunited and all lived happily ever after. 

Anyone know who this character is?  I find him to be somewhat scary but also very cute. 

I'll be back tomorrow with day four.  Thank you guys so much for reading and for your support.  My love to you all.  XO

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your journal entry - it invoked old feelings of comfort and safety and peace.

    I've never been to a Comic Con but I think I might like it just for the sights alone.

    ReplyDelete