Wednesday, July 15, 2015

8 Days Closer To A Positive Mind

Day eight of twenty one.  Read about my 21 Day Challenge here.  And just a side note but these posts reflect the previous day's thoughts and experiences.  I wanted to be sure I gave myself a full day to gather before writing.

Three Gratitude's:
1.  I'm grateful for watermelon.   Chilled not soggy.  Crisp and juicy.  It's the epitome of summer.

2.  I am grateful for the support I received form a committee I serve on.  I was trying like hell not to stress about an upcoming event and they were there to cheer me on and keep me encouraged.  It was just what I needed and so unexpected. 

3. When I first shared with you guys what I've been going through with my eyes so many of you sent messages and left comments about how you never stop to think about your vision and how you take it for granted. 

I know now how you felt after reading my story.

Yesterday, the elevator went down at work and it took more than 6 hours to repair.  Imagine you're an employee in a wheelchair who sits on the second floor.  How do you get down to the ground floor to exit the building or up to the third floor for your meeting. 

I am grateful for my legs.

Today's Journal:
Ugh, I don't want to.  I'm sorry. 

Exercise:
Not a lot going on in this department either.  It was a rough day. 

Meditate:
I excelled here.  I went back outside to meditate in the morning and then found myself back on the couch at night for almost an hour.  Meditating is really working for me.  My mind was in a million places before my evening meditation.  By the time I went to bed it was completely clear.  What an incredible skill (is meditation a skill?)

Random Acts of Kindness:
It almost killed me but I went so far out of my way to be nice to someone who was annoying the shit out of me.  I typically have no room for bs or small talk in my life and this person was dragging on and on desperately seeking conversation.  I went with it. 

Yesterday was not my best day but I definitely gave it my best shot and tried to stay positive and grateful.  Practice makes perfect.  

 

1 comment:

  1. We can't be the best in all areas every day. And that's okay! You did really well on your gratitudes and on your meditation and especially in your RAOK - the situation you described is one of the hardest for me to be kind in. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete