My thoughts before our call:
1. Oh god, what if I don't like her.
2. OH GOD, what if she doesn't like ME!
3. How many Shannon type things will I say that will offend her or will make me sound like a total snob?
4. God, I hope it's not all awkward with lots of dead silence?
My thoughts after our call:
1. This person is meant to be in my life.
2. I'm so glad she has an southern accent.
3. Mariah is really funny!
4. I can't wait for our next call and to get to know her better.
Three thing D said after I told him we spoke:
1. Oh god, you didn't give her your social security number or anything did you?
2. Did it sound like she was calling from Nigeria.
3. She didn't ask you for your credit card number did she?
Now, because I think people do all kinds of strange things while they're on the phone, I will confess the weird things I do. I'll point out my poor phone etiquette too. They'll be a star next to the things I did while talking to Mariah last night.
*I talk over people (I hate it). It's not that I don't want to hear what the other person has to say or that I think what I have to say is more important. It's just that I get so excited sometimes. I'm like a puppy chasing it's tale. I also have a tendency of forgetting things so I blurt out whatever’s on my mind immediately. If I don't, POOF, it's gone.
I go to the restroom. Number one and two. So that the person I'm talking to doesn't know I'm going to the restroom, I'll either flush the toilet and run out of the room, or, I'll flush the toilet and then run the water at the sink on full blast.
I pluck my chin hair.
I surf the web.
*I talk to my cats in baby voices.
*I pace the house, I just can't seem to sit still while I'm on the phone.
Now I need to know, have you guys chatted on the phone with your best blog buddies? What types of weird stuff do you do while on the phone???