Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Just Man Up Already

It's fair to say I'm all about the manly man.  You know, meat and potatoes, flannel shirts, a little scruff on the face.  I like a beer drinker, a video game player, an avid sports fan.  My man goes to work wearing a uniform most days.  Uniforms are hot.  Need I say more?  

Now that we've got that established let me commence with the girly man bashing.  This post was inspired by a girly man at work who appeared at the coffee bar alongside me last week.  I'm there pouring my perfect cup of black coffee.  Meanwhile girly man pours himself a cup which includes 4 creamers and 3 sugar packets.  THREE sugar packets into a cup no more than 10oz.  Seriously dude why even bother.  On another note, you're lucky were in a professional environment otherwise I'd have been laughing my butt off out you and yelling MAN UP! 

Same goes for men who carry "man bags".  Let's call them what they are PURSES.  Unless your going to work with your "laptop bag" or your on daddy duty and are carrying a "diaper bag", it's a purse buddy.  Do you carry your lip gloss in that man bag of yours? 

Source

Manscaping, I mean wtf?  I'm all for the basic trimming of nails, haircuts and a shave.  Maybe even a facial once in your lifetime, but come on guys.  I don't want to see you at the spa getting waxed.  It's just weird. 

On a side note, any word you try to throw a "man" in front of to make sound more manly is just plain ridiculous.

Source
The tight tee.  D and I have this long running joke about the way most mannequins are dressed in the men's section at department stores.  "Is that what a MAN should look like", and then we laugh hysterically  Between the skinny jeans, the tight tees and the cardigans.  Good lord.  And tank tops, don't even get me started there.

What do you think?  Do you prefer a manly man or do you find yourself drawn to men who are a little less rough around the edges?  And ladies, if your guys carries a manbag or manscapes, I need to hear from you?  Help me understand this ridiculousness.  Until next time.  XO

Kathy, thank you as always for the good time that is Humpday!  I'm obviously not alone.  This bitch woke up early to get this up and linked and I'm still number 47.



17 comments:

  1. LOL when i wake up and there are a few people linked up already, it makes me a proud blogger that you folks are dedicated!

    i like guys who are rough/woodsy/outdoorsy. although i love me a pretty boy (aka ian somerhalder), i prefer men who aren't as ..... groomed? i don't want a hairy chewbacca or anything but more like hugh jackman a la wolverine mode or alcide herveaux in true blood. YUM.

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be proud! We love this linkup (clearly). Aint nothing wrong with a pretty boy either, he just needs to drink his coffee black and not carry a purse :). Welcome back Kathy. So glad you danced your ass off in Miami and had a great time. XO

      Delete
  2. I like guys' guys too. I don't want my guy to be prettier or more fashionable than me. I'd feel so inadequete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? Cher in Clueless totally had it pegged when she said "what would I bring to the relationship". Ha!

      Delete
  3. I do not like men in skinny pants. That upsets me.

    MFD's hair is better than mine, his hair is like a thing of wonder that many people admire. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MFD's hair would piss me off. I have sooooo many bad hair days. Must be rough. And my god, the skinny jean craze for men needs to leave now.

      Delete
  4. Manly man all the way!!! I like scruff, hairy chests, sweat and dirt. Yum. And when they're freshly showered, please smell mostly of soap, and maybe just a touch of aftershave. The 'murse'? Strangest phenomenon ever. That's what your jeans pockets are for guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, we need to come up with a name for the soap and a touch of aftershave smell, it's heavan.

      Delete
  5. haha I cant do burly, its just weird for me. Although I will say skinny jeans on men can freak me out sometimes. Oh well, haha! :)

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks a million for stopping by. The people have spoken, skinny jeans are just wrong. I'll pop over and check out your space after work :) Have an awesome day.

      Delete
  6. My husband would laugh in my face if I bought him a cardigan. And I totally judge men for drinking wussy coffee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your husband :) Darren would be all, what the hell is this too. Hope you're having a super awesome day Lauren. You sweating your ass off in TX? It's almost 100 in San Diego, wtf???

      Delete
  7. My BF likes to use almost "girly" hygiene products because he likes to smell good for me, I don't even complain, but if he ever put on skinny jeans, I'd torment the shit out of him. NO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, thank you sooooo much for stopping by. I totally appreciate it. And there aint nothing wrong with smelling good :) I like your style "I'd torment the shit out of him". Too funny, but I would too. XO

      Delete
  8. i joke that jarrod should get a man purse because he's always making me carry his stuff ha. buuuut it would be weird if he did! and he is hairy all over, so he is definitely a manly dude haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a fan of guys that are more fussy about dressing or grooming than women are. If you take more time than me to get ready, we have a problem. I'm not going to knock the bag...when we travel I make P take his messenger bag so I don't have to carry a purse everyday...we walk a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wear a uniform to work and my coworkers carry man bags, talk about fashion, and I'm pretty sure they are doing some manscaping. It's been 11 months and I'm still getting used to it. If any of them ever show up to work in skinny jeans, I will shame them out of the building.

    ReplyDelete