Saturday, May 24, 2014

The School Of Life Linkup, Week 3

Life Lessons Linkup

Hello friends!  I hope you're all enjoying the long weekend.  You certainly deserve it.  A huge thank you to those of you who have served our country, are currently serving it or have a family member serving.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate you.

And now onto this weeks lessons.      

1. Ain't nothing like a 3 day weekend to make a girl happy!

2. By now y'all know I'm completely disinterested in all thing domestic, so this one is definitely new for me.  I finally get why people say cleaning the house is therapeutic.  That's not to say I'm going to make a habit of it, but I get it.  May has basically sucked ass in the Kerns house.  Between Poochie being sick, the warranty expiring on our car and then the AC going out two weeks later (cha ching), not feeling well etc. etc. etc., this month has pretty much thrown me for a loop.  I get paid to plan, to organize, to maintain order.  People joke that I have OCD.  Well let me tell you when a control freak like me feels out of control all that's left to do is create order wherever possible, even if that means cleaning the house.  Dar and I literally turned the house upside down yesterday and it felt amazing.

3. Getting a manicure/pedicure on your lunch hour is a terrible idea.  I went on Monday, but didn't have time for my nails or toes to dry so before I even made it back to the office they were all jacked up.  There goes $50 and even worse, I'm not going around with bare nails/toenails.  I really need to learn how to DIY.

4. I haven't felt like blogging this week, so I haven't.  I love Brass Honey, and I love you guys, but I also love that I'm ok with not posting when I don't feel like it.  I use to feel this crazy self induced pressure to get something out every couple of days.  I'm so glad that pressure is gone.  With that said, when you host a linkup, you absolutely have to post, even if you don't feel like it :)

5. If you keep something long enough it will come back in style.  I bought these (in red) today and  I'm pretty sure I had the same pair in high school.  If I had a dollar for every time I'd wished I'd had something I tossed out a decade or more ago.
  

8 comments:

  1. I completely relate and agree with number 4. Blogging is better since I let myself off the hook about it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally a lunchtime pedi person. Not manicures though - I can't do both and have them be dry. I just wear flip flops until I think my toes are set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling over the shoes. So fabulous!! But you are right, my sister and I both had very similar pairs in high school! I'm a big purger of things, so nothing sticks around fro too long in my closet if I stop wearing it. It's a shame, really. Cleaning can be surprisingly therapeutic. Which is the only good thing about it (well, and the clean house afterwards), because it still sucks big time!
    I always have this giant black square under my name when I link up, I have no clue why?! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to know I have tomorrow off!! Yesterday sounds very productive, but I'm sorry you had not a great week/month :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's GOOD not to post when you don't feel like it. I think that for the most part, when people post even though they aren't feeling it, it's glaringly obvious and not engaging at all! DO YO THANG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's okay to not post when you don't feel like it. I know sometimes as bloggers we feel like we have to post. The other day I did my nails and it seemed like no matter what I did they just kept getting messed up. I finally got them to look semi okay but I have to redo them better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How good does a clean house feel though? Amazing. May definitely has not been your month hunni :( here's hoping June is better!

    I definitely go through cycles of not blogging, probably a little too often but I try not to beat myself up about it, it's a blog, I do it for me and it's meant to be enjoyable, when it's not, don't do it, right? Besides quality over quantity.

    Ugh nothing worse than smudged nails, 'cept smudged nails ya paid for boo!

    Number 5 totally justifies my hoarding nature lol! Very cute!

    Love and hugs,
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally get what you mean about cleaning being therapeutic. I totally did a number on my apartment this weekend and felt so good afterwards. I'm even sore from all the cleaning!

    ReplyDelete