Tuesday, July 21, 2015

14 Days Closer To A Positive Mind

Boom, and just like that were at day 14.  Read about my 21 Day Challenge here

Three Gratitude's:
1.  I am grateful that I was able to turn a negative into a positive.  I was super excited to go to yoga yesterday only my mat was nowhere to be found.  Definitely a bummer because I am in serious need of a good gym workout.  I made the best of it though and had lunch with D instead.  He's working downtown this week so lunch together was a super nice treat. 

2.  I'm grateful for air-conditioning.  It's been nasty here.  One minute it's sunny and blazing, the next it's gray and raining.  The humidity is disgusting and air-conditioning is making it tolerable.   

3.  I'm grateful there's a Nordstrom within biking/walking distance of my office.  I am also grateful for Nordstroms' return policy.  I was wearing a newer pair of jeans (like maybe I've worn them 3 times) yesterday and bam, the button popped off.  A five minute bike ride later and I'm wearing a new pair of pants no questions asked.  It could have been a very uncomfortable day :)

Today's Journal:
The line is long and it's hot in here.  Dar grabs us a table while I make my way up to the counter to place our order.  The person taking my order asks if we want to share a fry to save some money.  I giggle for a second and then nicely reply that I don't share fries.  Ten maybe fifteen minutes later our food arrives and there's only one fry.  The long wait, the heat, the missing fries, they don't bother me.  I don't want to attack the waiter like I normally would.  I'm having lunch with my love and all is good.

Exercise:
Negative, see number one from my gratitude list.  Tomorrow is the day!  No excuses.

Meditate:
I meditating like a boss.  In fact, I'm enjoying it so much I'm choosing it over tv.  Morning and night I look forward to these sessions.  Yesterday I meditated for over an hour. 

Random Acts of Kindness:
I bought one of the girls that works for me coffee.  I offered to buy her breakfast too but she declined. 

That's it for today.  I sure hope your weeks are off to a great start.  Thanks so much for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading so much about meditation and the satisfaction people are getting from it. I'm so glad you have hit your stride there.

    ReplyDelete